Short term residence permit (ikamet) for tourist in Turkey
Turkey’s short term residence permit is the ideal solution for those wishing to stay in Turkey for a short period of a year or two. The main reason for the residence permit is to give a legally chance for those who want to study the Turkish market or stay for tourism purpose for a longer time.
According to article 19, Foreigners who would stay in Turkey more than the duration of a visa or a visa exemption or, in any case longer than ninety days should obtain a Residence permit (Ikamet izni) for tourism purpose.
“Foreigners who would stay in Turkey beyond the duration of a visa or a visa exemption or, [in any case] longer than ninety days should obtain a residence permit.”
Important Note: You cannot apply for a residence permit if you have exceeded the legal period of your stay in Turkey.
Documents Required for Short term Residence Permit
- Residence Permit Appointment (We take it for you whether you are inside or outside Turkey).
- To have valid private health insurance (Insurance cost vary by the Insurance company and age so please contact us for more information) Knowing that Over 65’s & under 18 are exempt.
- A notarized and certified lease in Turkey for not less than one year. Short-term contracts are not accepted.
- a photocopy of passport or passport substitute (the pages which are processed with the pages over which there are identity information and photo)
- four photos (Biometric)
- A bank statement showing $ 6,000 in the account but a bank statement is not a prerequisite. It is entirely up to the immigration officer and it is sometimes overlooked.
The benefit of residence permit in Turkey
For example, to rent an apartment and convert the lease and the bills to your name you must have a residency.
And it is suitable for those who visit Turkey periodically and do not want to obtain a visa every time they enter the country; Short term Residence Permit allows them to come and leave Turkey without a visa during the period allowed in the permit.