Bilkent University established by Mr. Ihsan Dogramachi, through the cooperation between the Ihsan Dogramachi Foundation for Education, the Ihsan Dogramachi Foundation for Sciences and Research, and the Ihsan Dogramachi Health Foundation, with the aim of establishing a distinguished center of higher education and scientific research.
The name “Bilkent” expresses the founder’s aim, because it represents abbreviation of “bilim kenti” which means in Turkish “city of science and knowledge.” Bilkent University is one of the best Turkish universities. The university has currently about 13,000 students; most of them are international students who enroll in various majors in 9 faculties and vocational schools.
Why Bilkent university?
• It includes faculty members from about 40 different countries. Most of them worked at reputable universities in North America and Europe
• Because of the good communication between the faculty members and students, that enables students to discuss with professors and ask questions as a result of a reasonable number of students at the classrooms
• In order to enrich academic programs and research materials, Bilkent university has participated in collaborative projects and exchange programs with many of international Universities in different countries such as Australia, Japan, Italy, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Canada and the United States of America
• The university has a career center that helps students gain the necessary skills to compete in the labor market after graduation
• The university has a computer center, which provides comprehensive computing services to meet all the university’s administrative, educational and research requirements
• The university includes labs and scientific research laboratories equipped with the latest technologies and contains over 4000 computers
• The university has a graduate center, which aims to communicate with graduates in Turkey and abroad, to enhance their relations with the university
Bilkent university is one of the top universities in science and technology. The university recorded the largest number of scientific researches and articles conducted by faculty members and researchers at the university.
Physical and Sports Center
Bilkent university students can participate in any of the University training programs that include a variety of activities and solo games and others which require teams. The center includes:
• Swimming pool
• Basketball, volleyball, and other soccer fields
• Martial Arts Studio
• Table tennis court
• Squash courts
• Walking and running tracks