Turkish Labor Law gives foreigners the right to work on Turkish territory.
Turkish Labor Law gives foreigners the right to work on Turkish territory, by obtaining a Residence and Work permit in Turkey (Çalışma İzni) from the Ministry of Labor and Social Security Which takes into account the need of the market for foreign labor and some particular criteria related to the general plan of the state through which work permits are granted to foreigners according to market requirements and requests from companies.
What is the Residence and Work permit in Turkey? What are the benefits of getting Residence and Work permit in Turkey in Turkey and how do I apply for it?
The Residence and Work permit in Turkey is equivalent to the Investor residency
Moreover, the work permit is a work permit that allows you to work in Turkey and benefit from the advantages that foreigners get in Turkey such as:
- Treatment at state expense in all Country hospitals.
- Benefit from pension after the age of 60.
- Obtain the Turkish citizenship after the fifth year.
- The investor’s children can join Turkish schools free of charge.
- Benefiting from the powers offered by the Turkish government to the investors
Click here to learn more about establishing a company in Turkey
First, let’s talk about how to get a work permit.
work permit or an investor residency in Turkey by being an employee of a Turkish company.
According to the Turkish law, companies must apply to get the work residency for foreign workers in Turkey, not the employee by himself. Therefore, the owner of the company or its manager must apply. And the conditions are as follows:
- The capital of the company wishing to obtain a work permit for foreigners must be more than 100,000 Turkish lira
- At least five Turkish workers employed full-time are needed for each new foreign worker hired at the company.
- For the partners who want to get work permit without hiring Turkish employees, their share of the company’s capital should not be less than 40,000 TL
- The company must be paid all taxes of the state
- The company must be paid all social insurance to the country
After fulfilling the required conditions, the owner of the company shall perform the procedures needed for the permit, and within one month from applying the result will be shown and you can get the residence.
The second way to get work residency is by establishing a company in Turkey, and we suggest this because it is the easiest way to get a residence and you can learn about investment opportunities in Turkey from here
According to the Turkish law, the owners of companies are exempted from certain conditions to have a work permit. also, it gives you some features such as
- You do not have to hire 5 Turks for the first year of the company, you will open your company, and you will then get the work residency to start your business directly.
- It is easy to include your wife, children, parents to your residency. Thus they will obtain a legal residence.
- You can get a work permit while you are outside Turkey
Yes, you can. All that you have to do is to go to the nearest Turkish Embassy in your country and give them your company’s documents and ask for a work permit code. After you receive the code, send it to us, and we will finish the whole procedures for you, We will complete the permit procedures for you without having to come to Turkey within 45 days.
It will cost approximately $1000
Yes, your children will be added when you get the residency, but the children must be under 18, and if they are older than 18 years old, you will not be able to add them.
You can add your parents in the case of more than 64 years, you can add your wife directly, but cannot add brothers and sisters, whatever their age
The period of work permit is one year for the first time, and after the end of the first year it will be obtained for two years and then three years until completion of five years then you can apply for citizenship
Yes, you will receive citizenship after the fifth year, But you must be a resident of Turkey for five years and only get out of 180 days during the five years, and this requirement will be waived if you export outside Turkey at a high rate
For the owners and partners who wish to obtain the work residency, they must have a share in the capital not less than 40,000 Tl and the capital should not be less than 100.000 Tl
Yes, there is a difference. The Turquoise card is issued for the owners of the companies only and is given the right of citizenship, as a Turkish citizen.
Yes, after children under the age of 18 are admitted to your work residence, they receive health insurance and treatment at the expense of the state.
Yes, there are social insurance fees which are 755 TL per month for each work permit and not for a person